What do you do at your meetings?
Meetings open with the pledge of Allegiance to the flag, a patriotic song and an invocation. Visitors and guests are introduced, committee reports are given, communications read, announcements made. Following lunch the program is usually a guest speaker. We adjourn at 1pm.
How does the club serve the community?
Club members use their time and talents to raise funds, participate in community improvement and provide financial assistance to young children and the needy.
The community service program has been developed by club members. Some activities are:
- NSB High School Key Club
- NSB Elementary School Builders Club & K-Kids
- Immunization program for children under two
- Bob Noss Memorial Teachers Grant
- Alfred A. Galiano College Scholarship
- Kids Fishing Derby
- Pitch, putt & Drive Contest
For more information on our annual events and give backs CLICK HERE
What steps do I take to become a member?
- Attend several of our meetings as a guest of a club member and agree to join our club
- Submit an Application
- When your application has been approved by our committee and our board of Directors, you will be invited to join and be inducted into the Kiwanis Club of Southeast Volusia County.
What will I gain by joining?
- We promise you an opportunity to share your experience, knowledge, time and concern for others in service to your community.
- The prestige of Kiwanis memberships, which is by invitation only
- Fun, fellowship and friendship each time you meet with us
- Association with like minded business people from the community
What do you expect of me as a club member?
- Regular attendance at our meetings
- Accept full responsibility inherent in any committee assignment and any office to which you might be elected
- You are asked to and expected to support and actively participate in our four major fund raising events:
- Kiwanis Golf Tournament
- Strike-it Rich Party
- Barbershop Songfest
- Pancake Day
What are the membership fees & is there a reduced rate for my wife?
- Primary Membership fee is $94 a month, due quarterly.
- This includes all lunches, international membership dues & ticket assessments for all annual events.
- Yes, Spouse or Significant other can join at a reduced rate of $21.50 per quarter plus $14 for each lunch in attendance.
- For a complete breakdown of membership dues, CLICK HERE